<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random neuron firing, lame philosophy, literary pontificating, movies, sex, clothes & other femme stuff

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Literaturd

Speaking of being down in the dumps, Maud Newton links to a wonderful post by Eurotrash on women and pooping, which evidently being British she calls "pooing," which makes me wonder what everyone else calls it. I guess when I was a kid I would sometimes refer to it as "poo" and sometimes speak of having "to go poo." But I don't think I ever used the form of the verb "to poo," which failure is strange, considering its appropriate similarity with "to pee." Nowadays, I use the handy "poop" as noun or verb as necessary in almost every communicative context where the topic happens to present itself (or someone presents it).

When my kids were infants and toddlers I made up lots of songs for them, most conceived and performed during rituals like diaper changing and bathing. One was called "The Poop Lady." Allow me to share some of the lyrics.
Who's got the poop? Who's got the poop?
Everybody knows who's got the poop!
Who's got the poop? Who's got the poop?
Everybody knows that she's got the poop!

'Cause she's the Poop Lady
Everybody wants to see
Yes, she's the Poop Lady
Everybody wants to be
Yes, she's the Poop Lady
Everybody wants to know
Who's got the poop? Give everyone a scoop.
A delightful magic show!
I'm looking forward to getting a few musician friends together, working up a really sprightly arrangement, and performing it in six years at a humongous high-school graduation party in Anneliese's honor.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares