<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random neuron firing, lame philosophy, literary pontificating, movies, sex, clothes & other femme stuff

Monday, January 12, 2004

Bushectomy

What more evidence do you need that the just constitutional liberal democratic republic envisioned in American rhetoric from the Revolution on down is purely a pipe dream than that Bush is president and actually leading in polls for 2004? What evidence now could possibly militate against that conclusion?

Well, I have to say, his crushing defeat in this election could, maybe, for me. If he were to be absolutely humiliated at the polls, then I might be willing to go along with the pipe dream and work some more to reify it. I could then maybe make myself believe that in our system--more important, through our system--wisdom and fairness will out and triumph . . . eventually. More or less. Somewhat. Enough. Or just shy of enough, so that enough seems reachable one fine day.

If, however, Bush wins re-election, then I'll gather all my resources together, gird my loins, and, with determined jaw, join everyone who wants to really rethink America from the ground up.

And move to Amsterdam.

I loudly proclaimed up and down the streets that I would move to Amsterdam if Bush, Sr. became president. I'm still here in the States. I don't think I've even been to Amsterdam (or at least beyond the Schihpol airport boundary) since he took office (though the few times I visited there in the seventies and early eighties were rollicking, to say the least). But, I swear, this time I'm going to go.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it one last valiant effort here. Bush never earned the White House, is unworthy of it, has betrayed it, and absolutely must leave it. If you too are eager to see the fall of the House of Bush here, I recommend you start by setting your blood a-bilin' by taking in, if you haven't already, the delightful, gratifyingly vicious 30-second anti-Bush spots created by amateurs around the country for the Bush in 30 Seconds competition run by the MoveOn.org Voter Fund, a MoveOn.org spin-off established to garner funds to blitz swing states with brilliant anti-Bush advertising (which, unfortunately, means I won't be seeing much of it here in Massachusetts). Just click on the image below to go to the web site featuring the ten ads garnering the most votes from web-clickers. The winning spot will be chosen tonight at an awards banquet webcast from there live.

Bush Lies
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares