<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random neuron firing, lame philosophy, literary pontificating, movies, sex, clothes & other femme stuff

Monday, April 19, 2004

Spalding Gray

One last bit from Crooked Timber, a link to an article in the Houston Press relating an extraordinarily painful story about Spalding Gray's having a sort of nightmarish dissociative episode on stage in Houston last year. I met him once after a benefit show in the Tunnel and spoke about inviting him to do a show at my school. He was absolutely open and cordial about the idea, giving me the phone number of his agency, and we chatted for about half an hour about random stuff. I lost the piece of paper with the number and never followed through. Reading about his suicide I had two responses I don't generally have when reading about other celebrities' suicides. First, his death hit me hard, like that of a casual acquaintance. Second, how many ways, subtle and glaring, am I an asshole?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares